The 21st December 2012, this is the day when the human race will be changed forever. Well, at least that is what ancient writings have suggested.
The 2012 doomsday prediction has now become a modern day concern for many.2012 has been discussed by numerous books, Internet sites, papers magazines and by TV documentaries.The forecast is based primarily on what is claimed to be the end-date of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, which is presented as lasting 5,125 years and as terminating on December 21 or 23, 2012, along with interpretations of assorted legends, scriptures, numerological constructions and prophecies.A New Age interpretation of this transition posits that, during this time, the planet and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation rather than an armageddon, and that 2012 may mark the beginning of a newer sociopolitical age for the global community.
From the Mayan point of view, this is the "End of Days." It is so significant that the calendar just comes to a stop. This date is also, coincidently, the day of the Winter Solstice, significant or simply a lot of coincidental events?
The Mayan calendar was started in 3113 BC. But, most of the documents that could tell us what this calendar was for were destroyed long ago.In South America and on Easter Island, zealot priests had destroyed almost all the written documents. Before that the library at Alexandria in Egypt was distorted by fire, several times. Almost all ancient history books in China were destroyed on the order of a dying emperor.
Someone does not seem to want us to know where we come from or where we are going.Writings on stone tablets, temples, etc, which were once thought to be lost to the world have since been found, for example, in Mesopotamia were found thousands of clay tablets. On these tablets is a description of a society in which the government, economy and religion were controlled by one organization. This organization is described as a family of "fallen gods". Could the descendants of these ancient people still be here?
So why is this date so significant to so many different cultures, have we simply misinterpreted their writings or did they discover a knowledge that has been lost to our technological age.
Cultures and Civilizations with a 2012 Event Time line
- Hopi Predict a 25yr period of purification followed by End of Fourth World and beginning of the Fifth.
- Mayans Call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it.
- Maoris Say that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.
- Zulu Believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.
- Hindus Kali Yuga (end time of man). The Coming of Kalki & critical mass of Enlightened Ones.
- Incas Call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.
- Aztec Call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.
- Dogon Say that the spaceship of the visitors, the Nommo, will return in the form of a blue star.
- Pueblo Acknowledge it'll be the emergence into the Fifth World
- Cherokee Their ancient calendar ends exactly at 2012 as does the Mayan calendar.
- Tibetan Kalachakra teachings are prophesies left by Buddha predicting Coming of the Golden Age.
- Egypt According to the Great Pyramid (stone calendar), present time cycle ends in year 2012 AD